Welcome back to the stage of history!

Sunny Koda is a concept artist from Australia who went to the US filming a Documentary about Gamer Culture. He went from Sand Diego to Vancouver, from Comic Con to PAX. Now he's following his dream of working in the daunting US Games industry. Will he make it? I hope so. Because I am that guy.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Show me your moves.

Last night Chris emerged victorious from a gruelling 3 game final in our second MtG draft. He would have had me, save for an All Is Dust ripped off the top of my deck followed by a Pestilence demon which hit for 9 and then pinged Chris for the final 1 (I was on 2 prior to this). Then we eagerly began our 3rd draft and, despite picking cards across 4 colours after some desperate colour-fighting, I ended up with a W/U/R deck that has had little trouble establish force. We'll see how it ends up tonight, Luke's deck has yet to be seen.

Yesterday was a relaxing day. I did the patriotic thing and went shopping. Picked up Super Street Fighter Turbo and a pair of white DCs that only cost $27. Then a swim in the pool, I'm practicing swimming underwater laps to improve my breathing/control anxiety.

But probably the highlight of the day was joining my friend Luke at Blizzard for a sketch group with some of the artists who work there...

wow.

I couldn't sleep last night; could have been the jet lag, could have been the fact that I'm getting a guided tour this morning and possibly meeting Mark Gibbons. He's the Brit who inspired me to pick up a pencil in the first place...

wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment