Welcome back to the stage of history!

Sunny Koda is a concept artist from Australia who went to the US filming a Documentary about Gamer Culture. He went from Sand Diego to Vancouver, from Comic Con to PAX. Now he's following his dream of working in the daunting US Games industry. Will he make it? I hope so. Because I am that guy.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

I don't really identify with Australian culture. Brought up in a culturally mixed household I've done more rejecting than embracing. I certainly don't feel any particular affection for American lifestyles. Japanese scare me. But I feel like there is one community to which I am interwoven, whose idioms and experiences are wholly mine. The global culture of the internet (which gaming ties into as the internet is their mmain portal for communication). The western coast of North America (including Vancouver) is the closest I think I can get to a physical location, so that's where I'm headed.

No comments:

Post a Comment